Closet Organizing with No Space
A lot of Clothes in No Space!
- Use ALL available space, but keep it organized.
- Keep out-of-season (winter/summer) clothes out of the way.
- You’re more likely to wear something if you can see it.
- Keep 1-2 hooks empty for quick-n-dirty clean up
- Don’t forget the backs of deep shelves, and high-up places.
1. Try installing a second closet rod above your main one. Buy a stool or a reaching rod for access.
2. Matching hangers makes everything look so nice.
3. Cascading hooks are genius and work with almost any hanger. Use two at a time!
4. You can get a tiered hanger for skirts.
5. Skirt hangers with spring-clips and smooth rubber grips are best.
1. Fold all knit items to prevent hanger bumps.
2. Got deep shelves? Fold clothes appropriately. If you still have space behind your folded clothes store your out-of-season sandals/sweaters back there.
3. If you are using a dresser or other drawers, stack clothes vertically rather than horizontally.
5. For open shelving, be sure not to stack so high that it tumbles.
Shoes & Boots
1. Use an over-the-door shoe organizer. Ideally, look for ones where you can put both shoes in one slot.
2. Small cheap bookshelves are great for boots. Check your local Craigslist for cheap ones.
3. Some people love keeping their original shoe boxes but this can add to clutter
1. Stuff bags with tissue to keep their shape. When using a bag, leave tissue as holding space.
2. Sit them on a shelf rather than hanging them to prevent handles from stretching out.
3. Use bookends to keep them up.
4. If you must hang, use an over the door coat rack to hang bags, and even hats.
6. I love having a junk bowl or box for the things that I often but not always keep in my purse like hand sanitizer or a different sized wallet.
1. Hang scarves on towel racks
4. Items that you intend to use infrequently can be hidden away in boxes. Those are Ikea, and hold travel organization tools, special occasion undies, and hats.
For the full, informative article, visit Life Hacker.com
To get help fulfilling all of these organizational dreams, get in touch with Organize Me!